Thursday, September 4, 2014

What I learned: A LOT. I'm quickly learning that things that are fairly simple are pretty hard to draw when you have to draw them from different angles. I started out drawing some of the hibiscus around campus, it was easy to determine the basic conical shape of the flower, but learnign how the petals fold and curl around the top of the flower were really tricky to pin down and I still need some practice! I then tried simpler flowers such as Buttercups, poppies and daisies. I learned that these flowers had a bowl-shape to them, and others were straight elipses, but still had depth to them. While they were easier than the hibiscus, it still proved pretty challenging trying to nail down how the petals curl around into a bowl shape and how each petal forshortens with perspective, luckily I think I nailed down those types of flowers pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment